What are the oral hygiene practices that we need to consider? Take a look at this:
1. Brush teeth thoroughly. When you say oral hygiene, the first thing that comes to mind is brushing of the teeth. Brushing of the teeth at least twice a day is recommended. If possible, we should brush our teeth every meal. There is a proper way of brushing teeth, just ask your doctor about it.
2. Flossing. It is also recommended to floss the teeth daily. Before we brush our teeth, we can floss it first to get rid of foods that got stuck in our tooth. Flossing cleans the side of our teeth where our toothbrush couldn’t reach.
3. Tongue scraper. If we are having problems with smelly breath, we can employ tongue scraper. Tongue scraper is part of oral hygiene. It will effectively remove plaque. It will surely freshen our breath. If we do not have tongue scraper, our toothbrush will do.
4. Mouthwash. Mouthwash contains fluoride that strengthen and supports tooth enamel. The good time is before we go to sleep. We can also teach children about mouthwash. We should carefully follow the directions indicated in the bottle.
5. Carefully pick foods. We should carefully pick our foods. It will not only benefit our teeth but it will also benefit your overall health. Eating the right food is a major step towards healthy living. We need to avoid snacking all the time as it may cause plaque build-up. We also need to avoid sugary, sticky and fruit-juices.
6. Visit the dentist. There are many dentist here in Singapore that you can visit so there are really no reasons why we should ignore your oral health. We should visit our dentist at least twice a year. Actually, we can visit as many times as we want.
We should grab the opportunity offered by Singapore HPB. The agency simply wants to encourage and promote healthy living. Aside from oral health, HPB also considered physical exercises (with their physical activity programs) and healthy eating (healthier food programs). Now it is up to us whether to practice it or not.