Picking on your pimples, constantly touching your face and spending too much time under sun are just some of the common causes or premature skin aging and recurring acne problems. However, these actions aren’t the only culprits that should be held responsible for your skin issues. There are also lesser-known variables that causes aging and breakouts on your skin. Now, it’s time to shed some light on these actions so that you’ll finally be able to get that fair skin you’ve always wanted.
- Skipping Meals. Not only is it detrimental to your health, skipping meals also causes dull-looking skin. Consuming too few calories will eventually show on your face, as you’ve eschewed some essential nutrients that contribute to better skin health. It may help you shed off some weight, but cutting back on vitamins and minerals will also result to a compromised skin health.
- Sporting Sunglasses Too Often. Just as how holding your phone over your face for too long contributes to breakouts, wearing unclean sunglasses are also doing the same thing. Yes, your specs may protect your eyes from the sun, but how they rest on your face is what serves as a breeding ground for acne-causing bacteria. Oil, makeup and dirt accumulate on your specs throughout the day, so make sure that you regularly clean them using alcohol wipes to keep the germs at bay.
- Applying Strong Hair Products. While they may not look like it, your hair products are also a major culprit in causing breakout and irritation on your forehead, back and chest. This is because most hair products contain ingredients that aren’t suitable for skin use, and only result to clogged pores and other skin issues.
- Failing to Apply Sunscreen When Driving. If you think that you should just put on your sunscreen when you’re outside, then think again. UV exposure can still occur when you’re in a direct view of the sun, whether or not there’s a glass separating you from outside, just like in driving. Some studies even found that most skin cancer cases are found the left of the body as it is the side that’s directly next to the window when you’re driving.
- Wearing Heavy Makeup. Other than clogging your pores and irritating your skin, wearing heavy makeup also deprives your skin to regulate itself. Although some makeup products tout that their wear-time lasts for 24 hours, understand that no makeup should be left on the skin for that long. It’s crucial to wash your face day and night to keep your skin clean and fresh.
Keeping your skin healthy and younger-looking can be quite tricky. But by keeping yourself from doing these actions, you’ll surely be able to maintain your skin’s good health.