If you have rheumatoid arthritis (RA), then you know how much pain it causes to your joints. This illness causes your immune system to mistakenly attack itself, commonly the membranes lining the joints of your fingers and wrists. Such pain may also be noticed around your feet, ankles, knees, hips, elbows, shoulders and neck. However, treating the inflammation will surely aid in managing the pain and reducing your discomfort. Changing your lifestyle and adopting an anti-inflammatory diet are some of the easiest ways ease your RA symptoms, but using aloe vera gel in Singapore is another good and natural option of relieving arthritis pain.
Using Aloe Vera Gel to Cure Rheumatoid Arthritis
1. Research and learn more about aloe vera juice and gel.
Aloe vera gel Singapore is a traditional treatment for burns, infections, wounds, and certain kinds of joint pain. You can drink the plant’s juice to reduce inflammation or apply it directly on your joints. The miracle plant is considered useful for treating rheumatoid arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory, pain relieving, and healing properties.
2. Extract the aloe vera gel from the plant.
If you have a mature aloe vera plant at home, simply cut off the leaf and peel away its outer layer to reveal the clear gel. Use your clean fingers to scoop it out or just cut the end of the aloe leaf and squeeze its gel out. If you’re thinking of purchasing an aloe vera gel, simply check online or at any local health food store in your area in Singapore. Just ensure that you purchase a gel with no added preservatives.
3. Apply the extracted aloe gel to your joints.
If it’s your first time in using good aloe vera gel, apply a small amount of it on a small area to test for possible reactions. If a rash or some other problem develop, immediately stop using the gel. If there’s no skin irritation, however, gently spread it onto the affected areas to give you a temporary relief from the arthritis pain. As long as no skin irritation arises, keep using the gel to treat your joint pain. Although most people don’t experience any side effects, aloe vera may cause skin redness, a short-term rash, and a burning sensation.
4. Try drinking organic aloe vera juice to treat your joint pains.
As much as possible, only purchase and drink organic aloe vera juice like that of Nature’s Way and Lily of the Desert. Start it of by drinking small amounts first, about two to three ounces each day, to see how your body reacts with the juice. If nothing happens, gradually work your way up to drinking two to three ounces thrice a day.
The aloe juice tastes bitter, and it may take some time to get used to it, but you can try adding a teaspoon of honey or mix it with another fruit juice to concoct a flavour that you like. Also, avoid drinking the plant’s gel since it contains strong laxatives and could cause diarrhoea.
DIY Aloe Vera Treatments for Rheumatoid Arthritis
1. Aloe vera, Basil and Ginger
Ginger roots are known to be loaded with anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in providing relief from joint pain. Basil, on the other hand, boosts the immune system and protects the body against other health disorders. To prepare this homemade treatment, simply:
• Crush five to six basil leaves, and half an inch of fresh ginger.
• After that, add the ingredients to a cup of aloe vera juice, and take it once a day.
2. Aloe Vera Extract and Epsom Salt
Similar with aloe vera, Epsom salt’s healing properties also aid in reducing joint swelling, stiffness and pain. To use it with aloe vera extract, simply:
• Mix a cup of aloe vera extract in a tub of warm water.
• Add ¼ cup of Epsom salt and mix well.
• Once you’re done, soak your painful joints in the warm bath for 20 to 30 minutes to find some relief.
• Repeat the process twice or thrice a day. If you want, you can also soak a clean cloth in the warm water and apply it as a warm compress on the painful areas.
3. Aloe Vera Gel, Mustard Oil and Camphor Oil Massage
Another easy and good way to ease joint pains is to massage it daily. Massaging the affected areas using this mixture enhances blood circulation, and reduces swelling and stiffness. To formulate your massage oil, simply:
• Mix ¼ cup of aloe vera gel from Singapore with a tablespoon of mustard oil and five drops of camphor oil.
• Apply enough amount of the mixture onto the aching joints and gently massage it for several minutes. To further ease the pain, follow it up with a warm compress.
4. Eucalyptus, and Aloe Vera Gel and Oil
Eucalyptus oil’s therapeutic property is what makes it an amazing remedy in providing relief to painful joints. Make the massage oil by simply:
• Mix together a tablespoon of eucalyptus oil, half a tablespoon of olive oil, and ¼ cup of aloe vera gel in a clean bowl.
• Take enough amount of the mixture, and gently massage it on the painful areas for five to 10 minutes.
• After that, place a warm heating pad on the same area for another five minutes. Repeat this process thrice a day to effectively ease your joint pains.
Considerations on Using Aloe Vera Treatment
Do consult your physician or any alternative healthcare professional in Singapore before starting any new supplementation or treatment for your rheumatoid arthritis. While topical application of aloe vera is safe for most people, taking it as an oral supplement should be done under a supervision of a medical professional. Ensure that your physician is fully aware of your medical conditions and medications before using aloe vera.
Apart from healing wounds and burns, aloe vera is also an effective treatment for joint pains. Just make sure to keep your physician posted if you’re planning to use the miracle plant to ease your arthritis pain.